In the Spotlight
Events Calendar at a Glance:
- ACO Compliance Plan AudioConference: December 18, 2013
- South East Certification Course: January 27-29, 2014 Jacksonville, FL
- Western Certification Course: March 3-5, 2014 San Diego, CA
2013 Best Compliance Practices Forum Wrap-up
- For those who could not attend the 2013 Best Compliance Practices Forum, the e-binder for the program is available for $195 for members and $295 for non-members from our online store. The e-binder includes presentations from all award winning Best Practices and several of the guest presenters. We also feature the presentations on a rotating basis on the Members Only tab.
In Other News
- "Doctors Avoid Penalties in Suits Against Medical Firms" by Tracy Weber and Charles Ornstein, ProPublica. Click here to read.
- Mark Pastin, Ph.D., President of the Health Ethics Trust, addressed the 59th House of Delegates and Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Association of Physician Specialists on the topic "Ethics in Disaster Medicine" on June 22, 2011. The Health Ethics Trust believes that disaster medicine is an emerging area of ethical and compliance risk and supports the emphasis that AAPS in placing on this topic.
Pastin's talk is available to Health Ethics Trust members under the Presentations tab of the Members Only section.
- Compliance is a process which takes our employees as inputs, applies the compliance program, and, hopefully, has ethical conduct as its input. But who addresses the most critical factor - the input. See what our Foundation is doing at Ethics for Kids and Compliance Officers - Click here to read more
- The DHHS OIG has introduced a new page on its web site on activities of the MFCUs (state Medicaid Fraud Control Units). This page reflects the new emphasis on state and federal interaction on Medicaid fraud recoveries and can be viewed by clicking here.